|Date:||October 3, 2015|
|Sponsor:||Pastor Marshall Blackmond|
We are bringing the Living Outrageous Book Tour to the DMV area! Looking forward to worshiping with Bishop Eugene Reeves and the Life Church.
|Date:||September 13, 2015|
|Event:||Sunday Worship Service|
|Topic:||Living Outrageous Book Tour|
|Sponsor:||The Life Center|
|Venue:||CD Hylton High School|
|Location:||14051 Spriggs Rd,
Woodbridge, VA 22193
Every visionary needs to understand the power of conversation. A conversation can be more than a chat. A book is a conversation between an author and his or her readers. A sermon is a conversation between pastor and congregation.
And a conversation, in all of its forms, has the power to make or break a life. Having the right conversations can set the tone for your future. That’s because conversations shape our beliefs.
In Romans 10:17, the apostle Paul assures us that “faith comes from what is heard.”
It is important to understand that “faith” means more than religious belief. The faith you need to accomplish anything in life comes from what you hear. This means that we must strive to hear the right things – to have the right conversations – to realize our dreams
Do you know that your entire belief system has been formed by the conversations you have engaged in? Think about the talks you have had with people you trust. Think about the parents, grandparents, teachers, or other mentors who have worked together to shape your life by what they have taught you. Think about the conversations, the questions and answers, and the words of comfort and encouragement – especially at key moments in your life. These conversations helped you discover who you are. They have established your vision for life.
The same can be said of the books you have read, the sermons you have heard, or the radio or TV ministries you have shared in.
When I speak, I like to remind my audiences, “What you hear determines what you believe, and who you hear will determine what you will do.”
Yes! The people who shape our belief systems are the people who shape our lives. They set our moral compass and form our outlook on life.
Of course, this can be a good thing or a bad thing.
The people who influence our lives have the power to make or break our futures. They can encourage us on our journey of discovery. Or, they can discourage us from chasing our vision. Just one conversation with someone you trust can alter the course of your life.
Being self-confident seems to come naturally for some individuals, especially those who are born into great wealth, are gifted in music, art, or athletics or those who possess astonishing beauty. But is this really true? You may feel that it takes going to extremes to be able to exude the kind of confidence that will make you a charismatic, popular person, but the simple truth is that there are ways to develop your self-esteem without resorting to plastic surgery, buying a Maserati or losing weight. Some small ways to develop big self-confidence include:
1. Learn the Art of Power Posing
A power pose, simply put, is a way to confidently present ourselves to the world. A study confirmed that when people position their body in a power pose for 2 minutes or longer, their testosterone levels rise. This hormone can make you feel more powerful and in charge of the situation. The power pose position also caused cortisol levels in the body to decrease — known as the stress hormone, cortisol decreases your tolerance for stress and risk.
Practice power posing before attending a big meeting or any other even in which you’d want to be seen at your best. Power poses include standing with your hands on your hips, putting your hands behind your head while sitting down and placing your hands on a desk (spread apart) while standing up. These wide poses exude dominance over the environment and may even instill subconscious feelings of fear, shyness, and lack of self-esteem in those around you. If it does, they may assume closed body language, such as clasping their hands together, wrapping their arms across their chest, or even crossing their legs.
2. Embrace Meditation
Maintaining a calm demeanor and reducing stress are just two of the benefits of meditation. If you are nervous or jittery, you aren’t likely to act confident or feel empowered.
Fortunately, you can meditate almost anywhere without anyone realizing you’re doing it. Simply eliminate distracting thoughts from your mind, focus on your goal, and breathe. Meditation helps wipe away mental clutter and troubling thoughts, and helps people gain better perspectives.
You can meditate by simply focusing on a pleasant smell, melody, sight or a positive thought. Other people meditate by repeating a particular word or phrase either out loud or silently — known as a mantra. Such words can include “winner,” “promotion,” or “success.”
3. Combat Negative Self-Talk with Affirmations
Talking to yourself may seem a bit silly, but studies show that using positive affirmations can be an effective way to become more confident. Whenever you think to yourself, “I will never finish this special assignment on time” or “I don’t have enough intelligence or the right skills to get a promotion,” vanquish these negative statements from your mind. Replace this self-talk with positive affirmations that will encourage you to succeed. Say things to yourself like, “I will complete this project on time and successfully” or “I am a fantastic employee and I have everything it takes to do this new job, and if I don’t, I will learn it quickly!” Say these positive phrases out loud to yourself every time you are in front of a mirror, or say them silently in your head. Also say them to yourself as you head to a meeting, while you are at your desk and during every other opportunity that arises. The more you repeat these positive phrases to yourself, the more you will believe them and exhibit a stronger self-confidence.
Generally, increasing your self-confidence has more to do with how you think of yourself, rather than what other people might think or say about you. One of the most effective way to infuse your psyche with self-confidence is to hire a life coach who will help you develop skills like those above and many more. The coaching will help empower you to be the best you can be!
The primary function of the Prophet hear a word from God for His people. Hearing and understanding the voice of God is extremely critical in this hour. Have an accurate prophetic voice in your life is even more critical. Prophetic Friday was designed as a way for you to accurately receive a word from God that will impact your life and your world.
Today, I want to share with you a word I received during my prayer time yesterday at 4:52am. This has come directly from my personal notes to share with you.
- This is the perfect time in history for us to reach massive amounts of people with the gospel message. This is the time for the last hour laborers to be revealed in the Earth. They will be revealed in unexpected ways. You will begin to see them rise from different areas of influence in direct industries.
- The global church must embrace the mandate of the Seven Mountains. We must seek to gain areas of influence in our specific fields. Our integrity will draw them and will change their lives.
- God is rising a generation (remnant) of people who will possess the supernatural. Those who refuse to embrace the purity of God’s power in this season will be replaced by people who are open and ready to operate in the supernatural.
- In this hour, you shall judge the prophetic voice by their ability to manifest the supernatural. There shall be signs and wonders both in the church and in the world. God is pulling us into a season of supernatural manifestation. We must prepare ourselves to be used as vessels of honor in our specific industries. The word is hungry for His power that is working in us.
- I will expose the artificial in this hour. Many of my people have embraced an artificial glory. The glory that you shall experience in this Season will empower and propel you to be my witnesses in the earth. I am releasing a glory that can not be manufactured. It can not be duplicated. You will know the authentic by its works.
- I am invading the earth with my power and I will empower my people to lead in the mist of famine. Prepare yourselves for famine. Just as my servant Joseph prepared Egypt, you shall prepare the nation for economic decline.
- Ensure my people that I will sustain them in the hour of famine. Prepare your churches. Prepare your families. Prepare your businesses. I will give you strategies that will prepare you for this time.
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear a personal prophetic word for your life. I want to personally speak a word of encouragement and strategy into your life.Speak To A Prophet Now!